It is important that the debt to which the judgment pertains is settled in full before the judgement can be uplifted or rescinded.
Important information to remember for credit repair:
- Defaults will remain on your credit profile for twelve (12) to twenty four (24) months. The status of the account can be changed to paid up and closed, but nothing can be done about removing the default listing from your profile until the prescribed time has lapsed;
- Credit repair services enquiries and notices also remain on your credit profile for twenty four (24)months;
- Judgments will remain on your name for thirty (30) years of credit repair so it is very important to have these removed as soon as possible in order to ensure the health of your credit profile.
You need credit repair when :
- You’ve applied for a credit card, but the application was unsuccessful.
- No one is willing to co-sign for your loans.
- Your can’t find a job because of your credit report.
- Landlords are not willing to rent their property/ apartment to you.
- You are afraid to check your own credit report.
- Your credit score is very low.
- Your interest rates keep going up.